Our Preschool Program is a year-long program, running from September-beginning of June. We continue to take registration as long as there are openings, through the end of February. We offer a Creative Dance curriculum for children ages 3 and 4. We offer many schedule choices, daytime and evening, so you should find something to fit into your family’s busy schedule. *Please scroll down for the 2020/2021 schedule. Currently our classes are all virtual. We will be re-evaluating this on January 15, 2021. Registration remains open in classes where there are openings until the end of February.
“Yesterday I had the privilege of coming to Parent Observation Night at the Creative Dance class my son attends . I was so impressed with the teacher! She was very sweet and patient, and was teaching the students some great skills involving movement, listening and following directions. My son is always so joyful when he comes out of dance class, and I’m really glad I got to see why.” -Briana S.
Creative Dance explores music, the ancestor movements from which all dance developed, imagination and coordination. Classes are $50/month. Covid Protocols
2020/2021 Preschool Program Schedule
Please select one of these Creative Dance sections for the 2020/2021 dance season. Classes began September 8, 2020 and run through June 5, 2021. Registration is OPEN. Currently, our classes are all virtual. We will be re-evaluating this on January 15, 2021. If you are having difficulties or need assistance, please e-mail Ann Williams, Director, at email@example.com.
- 5:30-6:15pm – Hollie Edlund
- 9:15-10am – Jesse Schmitz-Boyd
- 10:10-10:55am – Jesse Schmitz-Boyd
- 5:30-6:15pm – Hollie Edlund
- 4-4:45pm – Rachel Johnson
- Zoom!! 5:00-5:45pm – Jesse Schmitz-Boyd
- 5:55-6:40pm – Jesse Schmitz-Boyd
- 10:00-10:45am – Rachel Johnson
- 1:50-2:30pm – Julia Larson
Tips for getting your preschooler ready
Our instructors truly love what they do, and want your child to have a positive experience. Below we have listed some guidelines to help make coming to dance class the best it can be for your preschooler:
- Please arrive for class a few minutes early to give your dancer time to prepare for class. This includes using the restroom, taking a drink of water, putting on shoes (please tuck ties into ballet shoes, or tie them in a knot and cut them off!). Giving your dancer time to gear up for class makes for a better overall class experience.
- Dancers should dress appropriately for dance—in the preschool program pretty much anything goes! Pink leather ballet shoes for girls and black leather ballet shoes, T-shirts, short or sweats for boys. Tutu’s, skirts, polka dot tights, superhero costumes, whatever gets your dancer in the mood to dance is great with us! If hair could be out of the dancers face that would be wonderful.
- We have windows so you can watch your dancer in class at all times. Please know that we are wanting to meet your child where they are at. Some children enthusiastically bound into the studio, while others take a little longer to warm up. We will work with you and your child to make sure your child is comfortable in class.